It has been said that innovation happens when experience and passion combine. The convergence between Cindy and Jana’s professional lives and their personal dreams has been an exciting journey.
Cindy and Jana are nurses who have been working together with families since 1995 and have assisted over 20,000 families. They have been International Board Certified Lactation Consultants for a combined total of over 30 years.
Cindy and Jana witnessed parents being inundated with paper information regarding newborn care. Many parents discarded the pamphlets, leaflets and brochures and opted to search for electronic information. It was difficult, however, for parents to determine which online sources could be trusted. The company and partnership of “Cindy and Jana” therefore emerged in 2012.
“Cindy and Jana witnessed parents being inundated with paper information regarding newborn care.”
Cindy and Jana have developed a mobile app named NuuNest. What started initially as an app to track infant health information has evolved into an app that also offers timely evidence based health information for both mom and baby. NuuNest was created to follow the Baby Friendly guidelines ™, a designation being sought by many health facilities across Canada. Many organizations, including hospitals, are also looking to decrease paper costs and find greener ways of providing information. Electronic information fills this gap.
Cindy and Jana hope that you will find this website helpful and reassuring as you settle in with your new little one. Enjoy and savour every minute with your new baby as you experience the wonderful journey of parenthood.
Past speaking engagements:
- Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association “COMMUNICATIONS & TECHNOLOGY Transforming RN Practice” Saskatoon, May 2013
- CPHA Moving Public Health Forward: Evidence, Policy, Practice Ottawa Convention Centre • June 9-12, 2013
- SUN Innovator’s Conference, Regina, Saskatchewan, September 30 – October 1, 2013
- CAPWHN Evolving Through the Mist of Change, Niagara Falls, Ontario – Nov 2013
- Saskatoon Population and Public Health Annual Breastfeeding Update, Saskatoon, SK – Sept 23, 2014
- CAPWHN Expanding Horizons, Grounding Practice, Regina, Saskatchewan – October 24, 2014
- CAM 14th Annual Conference, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan – November 7, 2014
Thank you Boehmer Photography for supplying the beautiful photography on our website!